The role of STEM is to deliver a successful STEM Garden model in partnership with nonprofit and educational institutions. STEM will work directly with nonprofits and their stakeholders to deliver and implement a solution that is woven into their community fabric.
STEM will also provide a turnkey STEM Garden to nonprofits and educational institutions along with an optional STEM curriculum for experiential and interactive education.
- Providing letters and tutorials for approaching local restaurants, politicians, grocers and stakeholders for produce consumption and support
- Helping to build a sustainable membership committee within the nonprofit or educational institution.
- Being available beyond the initial set up for ongoing support.
How did this all come about
Our founding partners have worked with nonprofits serving the under-served for 15 years, including organizations which delivered aid and support to victims from Hurricane Katrina and the earth quake in Haiti, specifically working with various companies and nonprofits to deliver teaching and hospital facilities during disasters. They have a passion to help improve people?s lives, especially those who can?t always help themselves. (mention BC & Christian based activities)
The founding partners also bring a strong ability of analytical expertise. This is important as they have been able to discover best practices of non-profits and develop a program that also avoids any previous mistakes.
For example, one critical discovery is that for each disaster regardless of where it is in the world includes the consistent peripheral themes of nutrition issues, time constraints by board, lack of access, among other things. STEM has a program developed to address these issues.
Critical statistical analysis had led to some alarming discoveries and a need to act quickly. These include the following facts:
Reviewed the economic viability of Urban Gardens in the next decade
- Likelihood of dollar falling due to our debt
- 3 billion new mouths to feed
- Emerging markets currencies will appreciate vs dollar due to faster growth than that of the United States
- Reviewed Food Supply Resiliency issues in DHS context (key facts/stats)
- Analyzed report on the nutritional content of early picked fruits and vegetables (key facts & stats)